Job Title: Office Assistant
Location: Hackney Wick, London.
Established in 2010, the American Musical Theatre Academy (AMTA) is a leading drama school offering world-class training taught by West End and Broadway professionals. With schools in London, New York, Rome and Belfast, our courses are specifically designed for those who wish to pursue a career in the world of musical theatre.
About the Role
We are seeking an energetic, extremely well organised and self-motivated Office Assistant to join the AMTA family at our rapidly expanding London academy. Based at our Head Office you will report directly the Operations Manager and be the go-to person for students, staff and customers; ensuring that day to day activities are completed to guarantee the smooth running of the academy. Working in a fun, fast-paced and creative environment, you’ll be providing full administration support to our management team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is a quick thinker, has sound prioritisation skills, able to manage their own time effectively, be a confident communicator, all whilst having a positive can-do attitude.
This role would appeal to a recent graduate, an individual re-entering the workplace, an individual who wants to grow within an organisation.
- Answering the phone & front door, greeting guests and taking deliveries
- Opening & closing the academy
- Taking student registration and monitoring attendance
- Monitoring faculty attendance and reporting to the Vice Principal of any absences/lateness
- Assisting the office team and senior management with ad hoc project assistance
- Take and communicate messages accordingly
- Scan, copy and file documents, sheet music and scripts
- Update and maintain databases
- Type documents, reports and correspondence
- Monitor shared mailboxes and respond as appropriate
- Keeping the Academy clean and tidy at all times, following up with students and staff to maintain this
- Liaising with the cleaning team, monitoring cleaning supplies and quality of work
- Be the direct point of call for student and tutor queries.
- Ensuring office and cleaning supplies are well stocked and making your line manager aware of items that require ordering
- Running necessary errands
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Competent at using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Confident at communicating with people on all levels
- Ability to be pro-active and manage own time and workload
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- An understanding of data protection and be able to handle confidential matters
- An interest/understanding of the performing arts would be preferred but not essential
What’s on offer
The opportunity to establish yourself and develop your skills at a rapidly expanding musical theatre school.
A fixed-term (September 2019 – June 2020) 37.5 hours per week, term time only contract at a competitive rate of pay and company pension.
If you’re excited and interested in the role then we’d love to hear from you. Simply send your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you think you’d be right for the role to email@example.com