Auditions are held every month starting in December and finishing in July. Once you have applied you will be contacted with an audition date so you can plan your visit to AMTA. Our administration team will be happy to offer you alternative dates should you not be available. Students can also submit by video link.
Students will need to prepare the following:
– Two contrasting musical theatre songs (32 bar cuts, please bring sheet music)
– One monologue of your choice (under 3 minutes, no Shakespeare please)
There will also be a dance/movement call, therefore please bring appropriate clothing to move in.
Please note, there is an administration fee of £50 for the audition and you will receive written feedback after your audition. Apply now.
Auditions will take place at our studios* which are located at:
68 Wallis Road
2 Derryvolgie Avenue
*Overseas applicants may submit their material via video, please select the tick box on the application form and instructions of how to submit your video will be sent to you.
- Make sure you run through your music with an accompanist before you come. Sometimes there are things in the music that you won’t be aware of that they will.
- You are making a first impression. Try to dress for it. We want to see potential students who care about their appearance.
- Try to get there approximately 15 minutes early so you can get a sense of the room and your surroundings. If you are worried then get the ‘train before the train’.
- Show us your personality, this will help you to stand out.
- Have fun. After all it’s just another opportunity to sing, dance and act.
If you have any questions about auditioning at AMTA please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com