AMERICAN MUSICAL THEATRE ACADEMY
BELFAST – Now accepting for 2018
The American Musical Theatre Academy’s offers world class training headed up by the best of the West End and Broadway. At AMTA the Belfast Campus we focus on practical training rather than lecture-style classes. We believe our students will learn more from getting up and doing it themselves. Apply now and start your career!
WHY CHOOSE AMTA?
PROVIDING THE BEST MUSICAL THEATRE TRAINING AVAILABLE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
OUR TRAINING METHODS WORK – AND SO DO OUR GRADUATES!
Gonzalo Campos (Spanish) – VAMPIRE THE MUSICAL, Germany
Candace Furber (Bermudian) – TINA TURNER, THE MUSICAL, West End, DREAMGIRLS West End, SHREK UK Tour, BOOK OF MORMON West End
Jordan Castle (British) – CATS International Tour
Sarah Manesse (French) – GREASE in Paris
Karis Jack (British) – LES MISERABLES West End (Eponine) and HAIRSPRAY, Asia
Joanna Gregory (British) – MARY POPPINS, Germany and ANGELINA BALLERINA, Australia and UK
Pilar (Maria) Muenza (Argentinian) – Award winner Premos Hugu Award for JEKYLL and HYDE, Argentina – Also SHREK Argentina
Stacey Ghent (British) – CRAZY FOR YOU, UK Tour
Carl Lindquist (Swedish) – PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, Germany (1st cover Phantom) and Raoul in PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, Norway
Shekina MacFarlane (British) – LION KING, UK Tour and SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL, West End
Tony Bayliss (British) – WE WILL ROCK YOU, Anthem of the Seas
Alicia Mencia (Spanish) – CABARET UK Tour
From day one we expose you to our unrivalled connections to put you in front of the people who will turn your dreams into reality. From Casting Directors to Agents, we go above and beyond to introduce you to our friends in the industry.
Train in New York and London part-way through your training. Show our AMTA team on Broadway and the West End what you’ve got! No other drama school offers these opportunities.
We keep our classes small enough to give you the attention you deserve, because we care about your growth as an individual. With AMTA you are a name, not a number.
LEARN TO BE A
We want you to have the most up to date information about the industry in our Belfast school of musical theatre. At AMTA your mentors are industry pros who have gone where you want to go!
ONE and TWO-YEAR MUSICAL THEATRE PROGRAMS
New Programs starting September 2018 – in Belfast!
TRAIN AT LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE OF LONDON TRAINING BUT WITH THE SAME CALIBRE OF INSTRUCTORS!
One-Year Intensive Musical Theatre Program
We are offering a 1-year program training in Belfast and visiting New York and London throughout the year. This program is for people who have a strong foundation but need that fine tuning to segue into the industry in London. At the end of the year you will audition for a panel of agents and casting directors in London.
Two-Year Intensive Musical Theatre Program
We are offering a 2-year program in Belfast for those who require a foundation year before embarking onto our 1-year program. You will train in Belfast, London and New York (second year).
- One or Two Years Total Training – Join us on our 1-year Professional Development Program if you are struggling to segue into the industry or simply need a top up year OR our 2-year Program giving you a strong foundation year followed by joining our 1-year intensive flagship Professional Development musical theatre program.
- Stagecraft Training – A comprehensive foundation in the three major disciplines (acting, singing and dance). Learn from industry professionals who are in the business NOW!
- Act, Sing, Dance Daily – We focus on ALL the disciplines of musical theatre. Weekly, private voice lessons are also included in our musical theatre programs.
- London and New York – Regardless of your selected program you will make it to Broadway and the West End to train with industry professionals on both sides of the pond.
- Agents panel in London – At the end of your time with us you will be flown to London to audition in front of our professional panel of Agents, Casting Directors and Directors.
Costs of Belfast Programs:
Fees to attend AMTA Belfast are £8500 per year (compared to £15,000/year to train at our London campus). This includes all your training in Belfast, airfare to New York and London (1-year program only or 2nd year of 2-year program). The cost of living in Belfast is significantly lower than in London so overall it works out at less than half the cost to train in London for the same programs.
New Year Message from the Principal Announcing our musicals for 2018 Principal Kenneth Avery-Clark wanted to take this opportunity to update you all on what a wonderful year 2017 was and he [...]